<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Second Half 

Where's Eddie Johnson?

I hate to say this because he's been so good over the years, but I'm really starting to question Bruce Arena's coaching here.

We need more striking power, and we need our strikers to push up hard.

UPDATE:

Okay. We're 10 minutes in. Where's Johnson?

UPDATE:

Bout fucking time. Go get 'em Eddie. Ben Olsen's getting some good touches, too. Not even sure where he plays his club ball or anything.

UPDATE:

I wanna see O'brien in now. Fresh legs. We might as well.

UPDATE:

Okay, we'll take a Convey.

UPDATE:

Terrible ball from Donovan. That was our last good chance I'm afraid. Just not a good clutch play at all. Just bad service all day long...all tournament long. C'est la vie. I think we can stick a fork in this one. It'll take a miracle.

UPDATE:

Oh well. They capitalized on our mistake and then got a boost from the ref. But if we can't put the ball in the net it doesn't matter.

It's good to see Ghana advance. Better this than the two European teams pushing through the group. And I like the Ghanan team. They play with spirit, speed, and sportsmanship (except maybe the timewasting, but the truth is that's part of the game).

I have to say, I'm really disappointed with the U.S. soccer program this go 'round. Something's got to change if we're going to be competitive on the world stage. 2002 wasn't a fluke. We have the talent, we just need the confidence and to play with more spirit.

Damn.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?