<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Hump Day, Bitches 

Well, the soccer yesterday was delightful. Ghana played with heart and creativity. I guarantee a bunch of those guys just bought themselves tickets to Europe to play with top-tier club teams. Brazil capitalized when it counted and got a good call in their favor and they advance. No surprise, though I've yet to see Brazilian football the way I want to see it. They usually don't show up until there's a challenge. I'm guessing they should show up for the next one or it may be '98 all over again. Apparently France remembered where the net is finally.

And how about the France-Spain match. By leaps and bounds the best soccer that's been played in the World Cup so far this go 'round. And a perfect ending, too. I couldn't have scripted that Zidane goal in the 92nd. The bar I was in just exploded. Can't imagine what it would have been like to be at the stadium with the French fans.

But today we had the day off from the cup for the first time in a while. There was also no hockey, no college world series, and no basketball. And I only watch MLB if it's the 'Stros. So for the first time in weeks, no sports for a day. First I did a practice performance test this morning. For those non-CA bar people, the "Performance Test" is basically a joke. They give you a "file" of facts and a "library" of law and you have 3 hours to read the shit and draft a document based on an assignment given to you in a "task memo." It's supposed to make sure that people who pass the bar have the practical skills to function as lawyers, or something like that. In reality it's just an sick joke that adds a full extra day to the CA exam. If I ever find out who thought this shit up...

Then I finally registered my laptop for the bar exam. That's the last thing I have to do (I think) before walking into the exam. It's almost crunch time now. This weekend I'm going to try to do a little work, but focus more on hanging with friends. Then next week I have some house guests to relax with after I put in a decent day of Barbri related torture. Then it's 2 weeks of cram-time. Can't wait.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?