<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

House Nation 

This is an interesting article about a new sociology professor here at UT, Dr. Ben Carrington, who is doing work on music subcultures. He focuses on the subculture that I suppose I'm a part of, though I'd probably parse it a little finer than this article's length permits.

As some of you may know, I wrote my undergraduate thesis on how music subcultures influenced the evolution of drug prohibition in the U.S. I sure wish this guy had been around to help me out with that project, but he just joined the faculty in 2004, it seems. Of course my mentor at the time, Dr. Mark Smith, was no slouch. He's an expert on drug policy. But I could have used an expert in music subcultures as well...I had to rely on my experience more than I would have liked.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?