<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Wendy's Guy 

Via EasternAir.

For those of you who were never undergrads at the University of Texas, I give you "The Wendy's Guy."

Like Eastern, I used to talk to Junior occasionally. He's a great guy.

You see, back when I was in undergrad I used to live on what I called "the two fourteen" for lunch. Back in the day you could get a Big Texan off the Wendy's 99 cent value meal. I don't think you can get it anymore, but it was basically a 2 patty junior cheeseburger with mustard and pickles instead of the usual lettuce and tomato with mayo bit. It was the shit and really filled you up for a buck. Add a biggie fry, which also used to be on the 99 cent menu (now 1.29, in case you care) and some water from the fountain in a plastic cup and you've got the two fourteen. It's called the two fourteen because that's the price after tax - $2.14. I literally ate this 3-4 days a week at lunch and at least once for dinner.

Now I eat fast food so rarely that half the time I try to stomach something from Wendy's it sets speed records on its way to the toilet, somehow boosting the rate of motion through peristalsis to approximately the speed of sound.

Hope you weren't eating when you read that.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?