<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Choosing Leaders 

Digby (who I don't read enough anymore) comments on the special election in California that made Arnold look quite the tool:
Schwarzenegger is toast. After watching Bush and him in action maybe people
are finally beginning to move beyond the "dumbshit guy I'd like to hang out
with" and "movie stars are, like, awesome" methods of choosing our
leaders.

Don't count on it, but I guess one can hope.

I wouldn't mind having a wonky president, though. I wonder when we last had a president that could be described as a wonk? Not in my lifetime. Clinton and Bush Sr. both had pretty good heads on their shoulders, but they weren't straight up policy gurus, at least to my knowledge. Reagan is about as far from wonk as you can get.

Anyone?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?