<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 19, 2005

Marijuana and Depression? 

There's a great Salon article on the new push in the ridiculous federal war on marijuana. I think even non-subscribers can see it by clicking through an ad link or something. Do what it takes, it's concise and smart and cuts through the bullshit with grace. It's especially interesting for its comments on government use of studies purporting to demonstrate some connection between serious mental health problems (read: everything from depression to schizophrenia) and teen marijuana smoking. Now, these studies had caused some concern with a friend of mine, but it appears there is very little in the way of causation proof.

Looks like it's more fearmongering with that same shining respect for the truth and science that has characterized the "war on drugs" since its inception.

Oh...and I've decided to get back into blogging by just not writing about the hurricane. I don't think I have it in me to do anything with the mess that thing has made of my mind. So I'll focus on issues that affect me less, but interest me greatly - like the "war on drugs."

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?