<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Settled In 

I'm starting to get there. It's been almost a week since I got here, but the first 4 days of that was a whirlwind of activities with Jess before she took off to China. We also had some friends come down from San Fran for the weekend to kick it with us, which was nice but time consuming.

I just finished setting up the wireless router at my temporary place - new roomie was nice enough to buy it for us since I'm still broke 'til the first payday hits. But the wireless means I should be able to check in a little more often than I have been. Looking forward to that first check so I can get myself a digital camera and post some pictures while I'm here as well.

So far the firm is great. The people are all really cool (especially within the universe of legal professionals) and the work is interesting. They treat their people right.

I've only been to one show since I got here: Prefuse 73, Battles, and Beans at the Knitting Factory. It was stellar. Prefuse knocked 'em fuckin' dead, and I had no idea that Battles was such an allstar lineup - sickness. Hung out with Beans for a bit and got him to do a shout out for The Pinch - the APOV radio show.

I took Jess to the airport yesterday and the only word I've received was a note from someone at the office that she called (before I got in to work) to say she made it to Hong Kong okay. I hope she's having an easy trip of it. I miss her already - feels like weeks and it's only been 2 days. I also miss her cat, Speakers, so here's a little pick to warm your heart and make me sniffle.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?