<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Spitzer v. Spyware 

Man I love the future governor of New York!

In another brilliantly crass political stunt that is also extremely helpful and deserved, Elliot Spitzer is out to hand a spyware company its ass in court. The guy's a maniac in that good, maniacally nifty kinda way. He makes me want to be a prosecutor, but only if I could work for him.

I met his sister when I was on vacation in Costa Rica. Super cool woman taking care of two teenage girls while simultaneously running a public interest legal organization. Brilliant like her brother.
"Spyware and adware are more than an annoyance," Spitzer said. "These fraudulent programs foul machines, undermine productivity and in many cases frustrate consumers' efforts to remove them from their computers. These issues can serve to be a hindrance to the growth of e-commerce."

An Intermix spokesman didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
"Fraudulent programs?" That doesn't even make any sense, but it's perfect publicity. Genius.
The advertisers, which include Fortune 500 companies, aren't targeted.
Should read: "The advertisers, which include potential campaign contributors, aren't targeted." I love it when good politicians (not to mention badass lawyers and public speakers) are on my side.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?