<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Well, Clearly I Was Wrong 

I'm going to take a break from blogging for the rest of the week.

I need time to remember that we lost an election, but that doesn't mean I can't smile and kick it with my friends. Even the one's that I disagree with about the election.

I'm worried, as are most who share my values, I'm sure. But we live in a democracy where majority rules, and the majority chose Bush, even if it was by just a fraction. That's how our system works (at least that's the simplified view of how our system works).

George Bush is my president. I hope he leads well, and tries to represent my interests as well as he can within his own worldview. I hope that not because I think he has to, but because I think that's what a good leader does and I want my president to be a good leader.

There is a lot to digest right now. Soon, the newshawking, criticizing, bitching, moaning, analyzing (at least occasionally), and trying to be funny now and then will restart apace.

In the meantime, celebrate the freedom you have under any American president, from the vote you cast to being able to bitch about the results.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?