<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 15, 2004

Powell Out? 

Powell has lost alot of the massive respect I had for him during Bush's first term. But as between him staying in the cabinet and forcing some sanity on those people (and consequently losing the rest of the respect I have for him) and his leaving the cabinet and giving the crazies the trifecta of VP, Sec Def, and Sec State, I think I would choose the former.

But alas, Powell deserves a rest as much as anyone on this planet, I imagine. So I can't say I blame him for leaving.

I wasn't pleased with him for towing the line in so many instances. But then again, that's his job. The man has truly dedicated his life to serving this country. He would have gone down in history as the author of the most important doctrine on war of this era, I believe, had he not allowed himself to be complicit in its violation about a decade after he penned it.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?