<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Mid Debate Note 

Cheney is spanking Edwards...

UPDATE: Post debate note: I was totally unimpressed w/ Edwards in the debate format. Good stump speaker, bad debater. The exact reverse can be said for Cheney. He was solid in this debate on substance, but far from congenial, which is what makes his stump speech sound like an obituary.

All in all, it was either a tie or an edge for Cheney for forcing Edwards on his heels. I don't think it will have much impact overall, except that Edwards stupidly left open a few spin points which might pan out to favor Bush/Cheney.

Of course, I said the last one would have no impact and it seems to have provided the Dems some momentum...so who knows...

As a postscript, I thought Edwards bringing up Cheney's daughter was out of line. I think he probably meant it as congenial, but there's no way it would seem apolitical in that format and Edwards should have known it.

All in all, I'm going to go to a bad ass hip-hop show and enjoy myself.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?