<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 08, 2004

Los Angeles 

Blogging to you live from sunny L.A.!

I'm chillin' right now in one of the coolest hotels I've ever stayed at (outside of South Beach).

I came here for an interview yesterday that went off great. The firm has a casual dress code, the people are incredibly cool, and the city (or what I've seen of it) is much more pleasant than I expected. It's looking very, very likely that I'll be spending at least a month and a half here this summer.

I'm planning on watching the debate tonight right before I head up to the bar/pool/waterbeds (yeah...you read that right) on the roof of this place where there's a live DJ that drops sweet tunes from old funk and soul to new downtempo and midtempo electronic grooves. It's like I've died and gone to heaven...the only thing missing is my beautiful girlfriend, who couldn't make it.

All in all, I'm having a blast. It's been good to get out of Austin for a little while...change perspective temporarily and get a different look at the world. Talking politics in my interview yesterday and agreeing with everyone when it came up was unbelievably refreshing after constantly hitting walls in such conversations with lawyers in Texas. The attitude out here is much different than Texas...good in some ways, bad in others...but I won't try to elaborate until I've spent some more time here.

So right now I'm going to go take a quick dip in the rooftop pool, and then study in the sun with a margarita or two until dinner/debate time. Then it's back to the roof after the debate for tunes, people-watching, and meeting DJs, promoters, etc. so I can get my moonlighting career a little kick-start in case I move out here in the future.

Whee!

Oh yeah: Forgot to mention that the bar on the roof is an L.A. nightlife hotspot these days. There's a huge line outside each night of people waiting up to an hour or so to get in. It's one of those velvet rope, see and be seen things that I usually don't like, but since I'm staying here I get to skip the line, wear whatever the fuck I want, and generally be obnoxious about the situation, which makes it really fun.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?