<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Moral Relativism 

So the White House is doing just what I thought they would, they're using Berg's horrific murder to try to water down the disgusting abuse we perpetrated on our prisoners in Iraq and Afghanistan...

The Bush administration said those who beheaded Berg would be hunted down and brought to justice. The White House condemned the killing, which it said reinforced its insistence that US abuses of prisoners paled in comparison with the crimes of its enemies.

So the new standard for American behavior: We can do whatever we want as long as we're not as bad as Al Qaeda.

The next time a Republican tries to use moral relativism or "moral equivalence" or talk about our "moral high ground" when in conversation with me, I'll walk away. I feel no need to defend myself against that attack from those who would support Bush Co. ever again. Ever. Even after we kick his spoiled, ignorant ass out of office and get ourselves a president with an IQ over 65. Even when the neoconservatives have fully imploded in their utter wrongness. Even when filth like Inhofe spouts vitriol in the name of god (sounding a whole lot like Bin Laden). Oh...was that moral equivalence? I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ANYMORE!!!

Religious extremists are religious extremists no matter what book they pretend god wrote. Yeah, I said it.

UPDATE: Inhofe on the prisoner abuse.

UPDATE ON THE UPDATE: Jeff points out in comments this is from the Guardian. In the interest of being fair and balanced, I usually ignore Fox News because it is pro-war to the point of lying, and the Guardian is anti-war enough that until comes up with a quotation for that assertion or someone more neutral on the war issue reports something similar, I'll concede it could be fabricated. I still stand by the overall point of this post...

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?