<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Israel to Kill All of Hamas 

Shit? Meet fan.

Everyone who reads this likely already knows how much I hate commenting on the Israel/Palestine morass of death and destruction, so I'll let Kevin Drum (formerly of Calpundit and now the official blogger over at the Washington Monthly online) do the commenting for me, as he basically captures my feelings on the whole thing quite nicely and with greater sensitivity than I can usually muster.

I don't generally write much about Israel, but I guess I'll join the chorus wondering not if this is justifiable, but if it's wise. If merely killing all the terrorists were really a way of ending terrorism, I might not have a problem with it. But it really doesn't seem likely to work unless you're willing to annihilate the entire population along with it.

And while I know this is banal, it's just indescribably sad to see this happening. The future of Israel now appears to be that of a state hiding behind a wall and showing its face only to launch occasional massive strikes against its enemies, while the future of the Palestinians is to fester rancorously outside and plot ever more inventive ways of destroying its own youth and killing innocent civilians in a vain hope that this will somehow force the Israelis to give up.


That about sums it up for me.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?