<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 04, 2004

Blackmun's Papers 

Justice Blackmun's papers have been released.

Apparently there's some juicy tidbits on behind the scenes deals over Roe and Casey, which would be seriously interesting to know about. I'm sure most of it has come out, but to have notes and documents is interesting.

I'd like to get a better look at some of this stuff, but I want to wait for someone with a little more knowhow than a reporter to sift through it and highllight the good stuff for me. I'm sure that's being done as we speak.

I can't wait to see Scalia's papers...

"Got milk from the store"
"Spit on Justice Breyer when he wasn't looking"
"Went hunting with litigant principle to a case up for review by the court, creating a massive conflict of interest"
"Flaunted that fact in people's faces while scoffing at requests for recusal and hiding behind Judicial sovereignty in ethics matters"
"Used biased textualism to provide a thin veil of doctrinal legitimacy to my otherwise hack opinions"
"Cloaked my skewed morality in marketspeak even more poorly than Posner"
etc.
etc.
etc.

(Actually, I'm sure he's as principled a man as Cheney...ahem...)

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?