<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 09, 2004

NLG In the Headlines 

As a member of NLG here at the University of Texas, I feel as though I've dropped the ball in not blogging on this.

I don't have time to go into detail right now, but I'll do more later when I do. One quick complaint. Why does the article go out of its way to point out, in the middle of a sentence about the services the Guild provides, that it was "once targeted for alleged ties to communism in the 1950s". So, was the NAACP, but you never read that about them anymore, or SAG or any number of other targets of McCarthyism. Why NLG?

Anyway, the whole thing is a blatant assault on the rights to free speech and assembly and we're going to fight it (and if there's any hope for civil liberties in this country, we're going to win). More later as it comes in and I have time to report it.

UPDATE: Until I have time to do this justice, check out Kos's take on the whole thing, including links to articles and some great comments.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?