<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 12, 2004

Human Clones 

Well, they finally did it.

A gaggle of little cell clumps that will totally change the way we look at the world. I've got one question: Do we really need more people? I'm not one of those people (obviously) that thinks god is going to start tossing electricity balls or whatever because we start manufacturing human beings. It just seems like we already have enough of them.

I know, I know. There's alot more to this than just making people. Perhaps if stem-cell therapies take off, and its shown that they can do great good for the people already here, we'll learn that the fears of this technology are unjustified. I suppose those who believe in the sanctity of embryos will likely have a problem with us making them and then harvesting their cells, but I can't help but not really care one way or the other. And if it helps cure people who are already hanging around and doing more than absorb nutrients from the viscous fluid that surrounds them, I'll probably side with science and give stem cell research the thumbs-up.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?