<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Double Standards 

Dean can't seal papers, but Bush can. What does that tell us about the system? Were i a conspiracy theorist, I'd say it is a product of conservative powerholders protecting their own. I'm not, however, and I think it probably has to do more with the fact that the President has more power to protect himself than a Governor, regardless of the fact that both sets of papers deal with governorships.

I'm all for transparency. I think it's good that Dean can't stash his papers. But if we are going to force transparency, let's do it across the board. Not one politician at a time. I understand there are things that need to be kept secret, but neither Bush's nor Dean's papers from their days as Gov. of their states are going to threaten national security.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?