<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 20, 2003

Pour one out for Grandpa 

My grandfather passed away last night. He was a really funny guy who worked in an Exxon refinery in Baytown, Texas his entire life until he retired, which was before I was old enough to remember much. He was 94 years old, and was cracking jokes even after a massive stroke took away most of his ability to speak and communicate. He worked his ass off so I could be sitting here, in law school, writing a blog and trying to make the world a better place for people like him...and I will.

I have nothing but love and respect for the man, and if you'd known him, you'd feel the same way.

He probably didn't have many toasts and the like in his honor during his life, primarily because he was a Southern Baptist. Well tonight, wherever you are, whatever you're doing, drink one, smoke one, or pour one out for my Grandpa.

RIP Erwin Whitmer.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?